Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Finding Peace (Almost a Billionaire Book 8) by Bridget E. Baker

 

54529551. sy475 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Romance
Content: Clean

 

Anica Maggard was born under a lucky star. Her big sister became her very best friend. Her debut novel was an instant bestseller. She lived in the apartment of her dreams at the age of twenty-five.

But luck changes. . . and sometimes it runs out entirely.

Cancer steals her sister, and that loss robs Anica of her words. Years later, she still can't even find the desire to search for them.

Ethan Trainor coasts through life, trading on his boyish grin, cerulean eyes, and ample trust fund to succeed. No one has ever bothered to peel back the façade and discover that Ethan's glorious life didn't begin with a silver spoon.

It began with bars on his windows.

A boiling rage simmers just below the surface, and when the demons from his past swing back around, that fury threatens to consume him.

When fate drags Ethan to Atlanta to confront his past and Anica there to search for her future, can they both find the peace they need to let go? Or will they lose what really matters in the process?


So, I've finally come to the last book in this series, and I'm a little sad that it's over. I've enjoyed these feel-good stories with sweet romances so much. Anica wasn't one of my favorite characters going into this, but after reading many books by Bridget Baker, I was confident she could win me over to Anica's side, and I was right. Anica and Ethan's story was pretty smooth most of the way, with only a couple of little bumps, and I liked how easily they fell into their relationship.

There were some pretty heavy themes in this book—past abuse, and that abuse leading to the death of a loved one—but Bridget was able to write those elements into the story without it feeling too dark. I liked the way the book dealt with the topic of forgiveness. It made my think about how we can forgive but still keep our distance from someone who may not be healthy for us to be around. I also liked that the book showed that we can't control and make decisions for those that we love, and how tough that can be when we see they could be heading for something not good for them. This book also showed how low a person can be brought by their own actions and the consequences of those actions, and how sometimes a person can change because of that.

On a side note- I'm liking the rebranding that this series is going through. It's being renamed the Finding Home Series and the new covers are quite charming. I think it fits the series a lot better than focusing on the billionaire aspect of it did. Although there are billionaires in every book, the stories are heartwarming and the main characters in each book are looking for something important that's missing in their lives, thus the titles.

 

Finding Peace (The Finding Home Book 8) by [Bridget E. Baker]



Overall this was a good ending to the series, and I'm looking forward to reading whatever Bridget writes next.

Thanks to the author for providing me with an ARC of this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment