Thursday, February 4, 2021

Last Dragon Standing (Heartstrikers, #5) by Rachel Aaron

 32487001. sy475

 My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong Language

 

In this final book in the Heartstrikers series, mysteries resolve, dragons war, pigeons abound, and Julius must risk himself in ways he never dreamed possible as Bob’s grand plan finally comes to fruition.

But the Great Seer of the Heartstrikers isn’t the only one whose schemes are nearing completion. The Nameless End is coming, and even the machinations of the world’s most brilliant dragon seer might not be enough to stop it. As the world comes crashing down, it’s up Julius to prove what he’s always known: that seers can be wrong, and Nice Dragons don’t always finish last.

 

Finishing this last book in the Heartstrikers series was a long time in coming. It was our road trip series that we would listen to once or twice a year in the car. Covid wrecked our plans of finishing it last year since we took no road trips, so needless to say my daughter and I were so happy to finally listen to this book and find out how the series ends! In my review of the last book I mentioned that it felt a bit too long and drawn out. I still think that the last two books should have been condensed into one, but this book flew by for us. I yet again enjoyed the narrator and I hope I come across him again while listening to another book.

Before I read this one of my friends pointed out, without giving me any spoilers, that a major problem could have been solved in this book simply with a bucket. I had been wanting to know what she meant by that and finally I get it. I don't know if I would have thought of it on my own or not, but yes I can see how a bucket could have worked. 

I'll miss this series and all the characters I came to love, especially Bob.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment