Saturday, December 11, 2021

Queen Avan: The Complete Three Parts (Queen Avan #1-3) by Alice Ivinya

 55538089. sy475  

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Nothing that I can remember

 

Avan’s land is dying.

A washerwoman whose future is bleak, Avan faces starvation. When the capital takes those in her village with tribal magic, she leaves with them, hoping for a better life. Or at least a constant supply of food.

Saving her country, gaining the heart of a prince, and then getting captured by savages wasn't exactly what she'd had in mind.

But the real threats come from unexpected places and soon everyone she loves is at risk. She must untangle decades of corruption and rid the country of its most powerful leaders or watch her village starve. 

This is the complete edition including Part One: Avan’s Gift, Part Two: Avan’s Curse and Part Three: Avan’s Heart. Each part is also available as a separate ebook.


I saw this omnibus on KU and it looked like it might be good, so I picked it up, and I ended up being really impressed by this trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters in this story and the way they developed. Avan was a wonderful character and I had a hard time putting this book down. I thought there was just the right amount of romance and adventure in the books.
I had never read anything by this author, but after reading this trilogy, I looked up more of her novels to add to my to-read list.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment