Friday, January 6, 2023

Planned Reads for January 2023

I'm almost a week behind on this post and I've already read three of these, but here are the books I plan to read this month:

 

The first one, Exiles by Jane Harper, is a holdover from last month that I didn't read. It was the only book I didn't get to from my December list.

60807061. sy475 

 

I have a couple of buddy reads in the Fantasy Buddy Reads group that I'm reading this month. First up will be Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire. I've had this book on my Kindle for years and I'm looking forward to finally trying out this series. 

8163827 

 

The second buddy read is a reread for The Ember Blade by Chris Wooding. It's been so long between releases for the two books in this series that I felt like I needed to reread book one to refresh my memory before book two comes out.

34673711 

 

I also have three new series to buddy read in The Mystery Book Club on Fantasy Buddy Reads. We are going to try and read one of each a month. The first series is the Jack Nightingale Series by Stephen Leather. It's a mystery series with urban fantasy elements. We'll be reading the first book Nightfall this month (I've actually already finished this one).

11398324 

 

We are also starting the Verity Kent Series by Anna Lee Huber. This is the same author that writes the Lady Darby Series that I've been enjoying so much. I'm looking forward to trying out the first book, This Side of Murder.

33019745 

 

The third series we are reading is the Manners and Monster Series by Tilly Wallace. I've actually read the first two books in this series already and had put it on hold for a while. One of my fellow buddy readers has also read the first two books, so we are starting with book three, Gossip and Gorgons. These are cozy mysteries with paranormal elements.

52865728. sx318 sy475 

 

I also had another Hercule Poirot book, Murder in Mesopotamia by Agatha Christie planned for January (I've actually already finished this one).

16360 


I mentioned before that I'm participating in a pick it for me thing where a few friends and myself each make a list of books we would like to read but haven't gotten to yet, and we take turns picking a book off the list for each other to read. My Pick it for Me book this month is One Night Gone by Tara Laskowski.

45131036. sy475 


I've got one romance on the list for this month (I've actually already read this one). The Best Intentions by Sarah M. Eden. This is the first book in her new series, The Huntresses, that is tied to her Jonquil Brothers Series and her Lancaster Family Series. It was just recently released and I've been looking forward to reading it. I like the way she has tied all of her Georgian and Edwardian series together. There's also a prequel series that she's started called The Gents, that I've yet to start reading, but will eventually.

60461213. sy475


Lastly, I have a buddy read with a couple of Goodreads friends that is supposed to happen this month. We have tentatively rescheduled our buddy read for Son of Shadows by Juliet Mariller for this month. It was a holdover from November, and we all felt like we didn't have the time to devote to this book during the holidays. I say tentative, so this one may not happen yet.

11796524 

 

So far I've gotten off to a good start for the year, and I feel confident that I'll be able to get to all of these books.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment