Friday, September 7, 2018

Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong Language, A Sex Scene, Some Gore



Kate and her father, Roland, currently have an uneasy truce, but when he starts testing her defenses again, she knows that sooner or later, a confrontation is inevitable. When a mysterious box is delivered to Kate's doorstep, a threat of war from the ancient enemy who nearly destroyed her family, she knows their time is up.

Kate Daniels sees no other choice but to combine forces with the unlikeliest of allies. She knows betrayal is inevitable. She knows she may not survive the coming battle. But she has to try.

For her child.

For Atlanta.

For the world.



Wow, what an ending to this series. I was a little apprehensive going in because I could see all kinds of tragedy on the horizon, but I enjoyed this book so much. It was better than the two previous books in the series and it was impossible to put down. I really can't think of a better ending to this series. It had just about everything I could have asked for, and reading about Kate as a mother to a toddler was laugh out loud funny at times. Speaking of funny there were so many lines in this book that had me cracking up. It was a good balance to the darkness of the rest of the story. I especially appreciated the references to book one at one point while Andrea is visiting with Kate.

The story skips forward two years for this book, and at first I wasn't sure what I thought about that, but it ended up being the right move. I like the direction the authors are taking for future books set in this world and I'm looking forward to reading them. I started reading this series when they were only 5 books into it and it's been a favorite series ever since. I've looked forward to each new book release so I will miss Kate and Curran, and the pack, and everyone else. If you like Urban Fantasy and you haven't tried this series yet, then you should really give it a try. The first book is the weakest book in the series, and even the authors have said they would probably rewrite it if they could, but I still liked it enough to keep reading the series.






No comments:

Post a Comment