Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Finding Santa: Almost a Billionaire Series, Book OneFinding Santa: Almost a Billionaire Series, Book One by Bridget E. Baker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Romance
Content: Clean


 
After Mary's mom left her family to pursue a career-as a trucker!-Mary vowed she'd never repeat her parents' mistakes, even if it meant never having any children of her own. Her resolve destroyed her last relationship, but she's over it. She fills her time with work and volunteering. Mary runs an enormous Christmas charity called Sub-for-Santa.

Her life lacks nothing, or so she thinks, until a strikingly handsome master electrician named Luke doggedly pursues her, convincing her to hazard a first date.


Contemporary romance isn't my usual genre. I usually like my romances to be of the historic variety, but after reading Bridget E. Baker's YA trilogy Sins of Our Ancestors, I liked her writing style quite a lot, so I decided to give this one a try. It also helped that it's a Christmas romance that immediately reminded me of a Hallmark Christmas movie when I read the description.

Overall I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I think it even tops the YA trilogy. Maybe it's because this is about adults, and I've recently been leaning toward adult reads over YA ones. Whatever the reason I found this a nice cozy Christmas read with characters that were very likeable. I did have a hard time relating to Mary's love for preparing taxes (Ick! Definitely not my thing.) But I loved her devotion to her friends and family and her love of giving to children in need.

My one complaint would be that things were tied up just a little bit too neatly for me. There was one thing that Luke was able to do concerning a house that I thought was a little too much, but that's a small thing compared to how entertaining this was. There is going to be a sequel and I will definitely read it. I'm guessing it's going to be more of a companion book, and I'm already betting I know who it will feature. I guess I'll find out.

Thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment