Saturday, December 8, 2018

The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter (The Riyria Chronicles Book 4)The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter by Michael J. Sullivan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Small amount of strong language



Riyria's job appears easy: discover what happened to the missing duchess and, if she lives, bring her home . . . if not, punish those responsible. But nothing is simple in the crowded, narrow, mist-filled streets of Rochelle, where more than one ancient legend lurks.

This was such a fun read. The story line and the mystery surrounding the city of Rochelle was good and Genny, the duchess was such a likable character. I was rooting for her the whole time and hoping she would get rescued and that the duke really did love her. I won't spoil what happens though.

What I loved the most about this book were the secondary characters. From Genny to Evelyn Hemsworth (I absolutely loved every scene that woman was in, and Royce's reaction to her cracked me up), they were all so very well written. I laughed out loud quite a few times while reading this. Plus the banter between Royce and Hadrian is always entertaining. I cannot think of another book duo that I love more, although Wax and Wayne from Mistborn era 2 come close.

The Death of Dulgath had some nice references to the Legends of the First Empire series and it seemed as though this book hinted at things from the new "bridge series" that is currently being written. I'm excited to see where that series goes. There was one thread left hanging at the end of this book that I'm dying to know more about. Here's hoping we find out more in the next book.

I must say that I'm sad to be caught up on all the Riyria books now, but so glad I read them at the same time. I'm looking forward to reading more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment