Friday, April 5, 2019

Raven's Strike (Raven Set, #2)Raven's Strike by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Strong Language


 
Seraph is among the last of the Travelers, those who strive to destroy the dark magic released by their ancestors’ mistakes. Seraph tried to escape her people’s duty and live a quiet life, until evil found her…and her family.

Ok, so I really enjoyed the first book in this duology. I liked that it included a whole family that worked together to defeat evil. I liked the different personalities of the children and their different abilities. I expected to like this one just as much, but this book fell pretty flat for me. Mostly it was just boring. There wasn't enough happening besides a lot of research on how to defeat the Shadowed. There were some good moments and I came to really like the relationships that were built between certain characters, but it wasn't enough to carry the book and make me want to keep reading. Mostly I slogged through this anticipating when it would be over, and I could move onto the next book, which is never a good thing.

I wouldn't say that I regret reading this duology, especially since I really liked the first book, so if you are really into Patricia Briggs and want to read everything she has written, then I would definitely read it. Just keep in mind that this is one of her earlier works and it could have used some improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment