Friday, June 14, 2019

Arkadian Skies (Fallen Empire, #6)Arkadian Skies by Lindsay Buroker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Space Opera
Content: Strong Language, Off page sex, with little description


 
This was another enjoyable read in the series, but I'm disappointed that there is very little forward movement as far as the plot goes. As a friend of mine said, this series seems to be written like one long book and we aren't going to see those things resolved until the end. My only other complaints are that, in this book and the one before it, Alisa comes off as rather juvenile with her obsession over wanting to consummate her relationship with Leonidas. The jokes, innuendo, and inner dialog are funny to a point, but the author has taken it too far. It's old now and Alisa needs to grow up and stop pressuring Leonidas to do something that he can't do. I do however, very much enjoy the chemistry between the two characters. I also feel like Mica's character is underutilized and she has just turned into more of a grump than a pessimist. Other than those things I still love the witty banter between characters, and I'm looking forward to reading the last two books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment