Monday, January 6, 2020

Disillusioned (The Birthright Series #3)Disillusioned by Bridget E. Baker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Clean
  

Chancery has a lot to do: find her mother's killer, get Alamecha in order, consolidate the six families, gain control over the other five rings.

No biggie.

But her twin is missing, and her older sister Alora betrayed her. Her list of allies is running thin. Can she do what needs to be done before it's too late?


In my review of book one I boldly stated that we all knew who Chancery would end up with. Well, after reading this book I'm no longer sure! My reasons for thinking one of the love interests could never work, which made him a mere distraction, are now gone. That's all I'm going to say, other than I did not see that twist coming! I think that's what Bridget does the best as a writer. She continuously blindsides me with things I do not see coming in every one of her books.

Chancery is finally gaining the confidence she needs in this book and I'm glad! She has so much self doubt, and blames herself for everything. These are traits that can get annoying at times, but they also make her seem more real. I'm excited to see what she will do in future books, especially with that ring. This ends on a cliffhanger and I dying to find out what happens next.

Thanks to Bridget Baker for giving me a copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment