Friday, January 3, 2020

Top Reads of 2019

I'm trying to make it a tradition that I list my favorite books that I read each year. I'm a little late doing this as I meant to do it at the end of the year, but here are my top reads from 2019.

I feel like I read some really good books in 2019, but none of them were super amazing 5 star reads for me. That being said, I'm very stingy with 5 stars. Two came close, they are:



 Already Gone by Bridget E. Baker

When I said close to 5 stars I meant very close for this one. I don't typically read contemporary YA, but Bridget is a friend and I agreed to read this one for her. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this book. It packed a real emotional punch as well as a twist I did not see coming! The touch of mystery added to the book made it even better.



Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs

I love the Mercy Thompson series. They are always solid 4 star reads for me, but this one I gave 4.5 stars to. I think the change in setting was wonderful, even though sometimes those can be iffy.



The third book I'm adding to my list was a solid 4 star read from an author I've come to adore.


The First Girl Child by Amy Harmon


I love the fairy tale like feel to Amy Harmon's fantasy books, plus she always adds the perfect touch of romance. Each one of the books I've read by Amy, I've ended up developing an emotional connection with. She has a distinct talent for conveying how her characters feel and that really resonates with me.


Next is a book from an author that was new to me.


A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kremmerer

For the last couple of years I've really reduced the number of YA books I read, but this was the best YA fantasy I read in 2019. One thing I really love about this book is the disabled main character. I actually fell in love with all the characters in this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment