Thursday, March 5, 2020

A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Clean



  Find the heir, win the crown. Win the crown, save the kingdom.



I loved the first book in this series. It was my favorite YA fantasy last year so there was a lot of hope going into this one that I would love it too. Well, I ended up not loving it quite as much as the first one, but it was still pretty good.

First, I need to say that I was expecting this book to include points of views from Harper and Rhen. We get a little of Rhen in the prologue and epilogue, but nothing from Harper's point of view at all. Instead this book is from Grey's point of view, and a new character who ends up playing a major role in the book. This wasn't all bad since Grey is my favorite character anyway, and I ended up liking the new character a lot. It just wasn't what I was expecting and I really missed Harper. On top of that, Rhen does some things that I am having a hard time getting past, and I really don't think I want Harper to end up with him now. I guess I will see if he can redeem himself in the next book.

Once I got into Grey's story though, the book grew on me a lot. I enjoyed his story and the romance that develops. I liked the way his situation ends up, but that end left me rather stunned. This book has the right title for sure, because it left me heartbroken over a few things. I will definitely be reading the next book.

Here are a couple of my favorite quotes from the book--


  “They're being such idiots. They should have just talked to each other.”


You have no idea how many times I've said that while reading a book.


  “Ah yes, the most dangerous person at the party is always the girl sitting alone with a book.”


❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment