Sunday, May 24, 2020

The Hollow of Fear (Lady Sherlock, #3)The Hollow of Fear by Sherry Thomas

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Content: Strong language, off page sex and talk that alludes to it. 


Under the cover of "Sherlock Holmes, consulting detective," Charlotte Holmes puts her extraordinary powers of deduction to good use. Aided by the capable Mrs. Watson, Charlotte draws those in need to her and makes it her business to know what other people don't. When her dear friend Lord Ingram stands accused of the murder of his estranged wife, Charlotte goes under disguise to help prove his innocence to Scotland Yard.

 

So far I've liked this series better with each book. I was pleased with a lot of the revelations in this book, and surprised by a few. There were also some very amusing moments. On the downside, at times I struggle to like Charlotte, but I don't think she is supposed to be completely likeable. She is based on Sherlock Holmes after all, and he had some personality quirks that could be off-putting. I do not always like her behavior, but I'm still enjoying this series. Surprisingly, Charlotte's sister Livia has ended up being my favorite character.

One other thing- while reading this I noticed that Charlotte doesn't have a drug addiction like the original Sherlock Holmes, but instead her addiction is food. I should have thought about this back when I read book 1, but for some reason I didn't. I think some of the scenes in this book made me think about it more. Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting twist on the original.



No comments:

Post a Comment