Monday, May 18, 2020

Network Effect

The hubby and I have been working on lots of projects around the house, and that means I've gotten behind on my book reviews!

The need to catch up will probably result in some shorter reviews, especially since the books are no longer fresh in my mind, but I will try to do better in the future.


First up is my short review on the latest Murderbot Diaries novel Network Effect, a book that I was eagerly anticipating.




Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)Network Effect by Martha Wells

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: sci-fi, fantasy
Content: Strong language



When Murderbot's human associates (not friends, never friends) are captured and another not-friend from its past requires urgent assistance, Murderbot must choose between inertia and drastic action.

Drastic action it is, then.


This is another excellent Murderbot story. This is the first full length novel in the series and I mostly enjoyed it. It was entertaining with a lot of action. There were a couple of times I found my mind wandering, and I'm not sure if the story dragged in those spots or if it was just my mood. I enjoyed the way the book ended up exploring Murderbot's developing 'feelings' and relationships. I'm looking forward to reading more!

My review is short, but I do want to share the artwork for the book covers for this series. I just love them!











Review also posted at Writings of a Reader



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment