Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Widow (Serenity's Plain Secrets #9)

 55951415. sy475  

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Content: Strong Language

 

Is it suicide or murder?

A young Amish widow turns up dead in Blood Rock and Sheriff Serenity Adams investigates in this gripping new whodunit mystery.



This was a pretty good installment in the series, but not one of my favorites. I was surprised at who ended up murdered in this book and also at certain details of her life that were discovered after reading about her in another book and her being so 'upstanding' in that one. I couldn't stand her in the other book, but despite that I wanted to feel bad that she was murder here. Am I a horrible person for not feeling so bad? 🙄

Overall this was entertaining and I will continue to read this series, but I felt like some things that I thought were decided by the main character in the last book were just rehashed here and I got a little bored of that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment