Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Greywalker (Greywalker #1) and Poltergeist (Greywalker #2) by Kat Richardson

Ever since I read Amanda Stevens' Graveyard Queen series I've wanted to find something similar. Something that was just as creepy in the paranormal/urban fantasy genre. This is the third or fourth author I've tried, after striking out with the others. While I actually liked this one a lot, it wasn't very creepy at all. Since I did like it, and it's an urban fantasy, I continued on and read the second book in this nine book series as well. So far I still like the series a lot. The only drawback is that it doesn't feel as special or as memorable as the urban fantasy series that have become my favorites. I think this one is on par with the Boundary Magic series by Melissa Olson. I like it a lot but it isn't a favorite. I do plan on reading more of this series soon. So far both books have gotten three stars from me. Here are the book descriptions and my ratings and content comments:


 6597666 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong Language, off page sex


Harper Blaine was your average small-time P.I. until a two-bit perp's savage assault left her dead for two minutes. When she comes to in the hospital, she sees things that can only be described as weird; shapes emerging from a foggy grey mist, snarling teeth, creatures roaring. But Harper's not crazy. Her "death" has made her a Greywalker; able to move between the human world and the mysterious cross-over zone where things that go bump in the night exist. And her new gift is about to drag her into that strange new realm: whether she likes it or not.

 

 

6293908 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong Language

 

Harper Blaine was your average small-time PI until she died - for two minutes. Now she's a Greywalker - walking the thin line between the living world and the paranormal realm. And she's discovering that her new abilities are landing her all sorts of "strange" cases.

In the days leading up to Halloween, Harper's been hired by a university research group that is attempting to create an artificial poltergeist. The head researcher suspects someone is faking the phenomena, but Harper's investigation reveals something else entirely - they've succeeded. And when one of the group's members is killed in a brutal and inexplicable fashion, Harper must determine whether the killer is the ghost itself, or someone all too human.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment