Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 2023 Wrap up

February was a wonderful month of reading for me. I truly enjoyed just about everything I read, and never realized how much I enjoy reading short stories! At least thought-provoking ones anyway.

I read all but one of the books I had planned for this month, plus a few more. That comes to a total of 16  books, 2 novellas, 8 short stories, and 1 DNF.

The only book I didn't get to was Transcendent by Craig Alanson. I decided not to continue with that trilogy, at least not at this time. I put my reason in my review of the first book in the series Ascendant. Basically, I just want to spend my time focusing on other books right now.

The DNF was The Last Stand of Mary Good Crow (The Crystal Calamity, #1) by Rachel Aaron. I tried, but that book just didn't click with me. It was disappointing because I've enjoyed everything else I've read by Rachel Aaron.

 

The unplanned books I ended up reading this month were:

 

The Reboot (The Birch Creek Ranch #5) by B.E. Baker  (See my review here.) 

 
 
 
 
 

The Sisters of Sea View (On Devonshire Shores, #1) by Julie Klassen (Review to come.)



I also bought the dramatized audio collection of the Philip Marlowe series by Raymond Chandler. I know they are shortened versions of the books, but they are just so much fun to listen to. I had already read the first two books in the series so I listened to books 3 through 6. (Review to come.)

Raymond Chandler: The BBC Radio Drama Collection - 8 BBC Radio 4 full-cast dramatisations audiobook by Raymond Chandler 


 

The Cold Between (Central Corps, #1) by Elizabeth Bonesteel (Review to come.)

 

 

Finding Grace (Finding Home #0.5) by B.E. Baker

 

 

And last I picked up Crooked House by Agatha Christie

  






No comments:

Post a Comment