Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Book That Wouldn't Burn (The Library Trilogy #1) by Mark Lawrence

  

 

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content:Strong Language

 

A boy has lived his whole life trapped within a vast library, older than empires and larger than cities.

A girl has spent hers in a tiny settlement out on the Dust where nightmares stalk and no one goes.

The world has never even noticed them. That's about to change.

Their stories spiral around each other, across worlds and time. This is a tale of truth and lies and hearts, and the blurring of one into another. A journey on which knowledge erodes certainty, and on which, though the pen may be mightier than the sword, blood will be spilled and cities burned.

 

DNF at 60%.

I tried to get into this book, and for a little while at around the 24 percent mark, it finally had me, but it didn't last. I've decided to just move on because I have no desire to pick this up again. It's unfortunate. I love the cover and the concept is interesting, but the writing isn't pulling me in enough. I liked The Book of the Ancestor Trilogy by this author, but unfortunately, I haven't liked anything else, so it may be time for me leave this author's books on the shelf from now on.

Thanks to NetGalley, Berkley Publishing Group, and Goodreads for providing me with an ARC and a beautiful hardcover copy of this book.






No comments:

Post a Comment