Saturday, July 1, 2023

June 2023 Wrap-up and Planned Reads For July

It was a lot, but I ended up getting to all the books I had on my reading list this month. Some of them I've only just started within the last couple of days. As of this writing, I'm still working on three of them. 

The Shadow Casket,

 

Magic Claims,

 

and Dragon and Herdsman.

 


The Shadow Casket is a big book, so I fully expect to be reading it for another week. I should be done with Magic Claims within the next day or two. Dragon and Herdsman should also be done within a couple of days.

I did read three unplanned books during the month. The first one was An Inconvenient Ward by Audrey Harrison (See my review here.)


 

 

The second one was The Surprise by B. E. Baker. (See my review here.) This author decided to surprise us with a bonus book, so of course I had to pick it up right away and read it! I was very surprised and flattered that the author included my review in her newsletter!

 

 

The third book was Opening Gambit (Tournament of Shadows #1) by Tilly Wallace. We had planned on starting this series soon, but decided to go ahead and add it to the schedule this month. This is the prequel series to the Manners and Monsters series. I ended up liking this one quite a bit, but not quite as much as the Manners and Monsters books. I enjoyed reading about Seraphina's past (Hannah's mother in Manners and Monsters), and how she met Hugh (Hannah's father).

 

 

July Reading List-

I've planned a shorter reading list for July. Well, it's only two books shorter, but I hope to be able to relax a little and pick up more unplanned books to read.

I've got three books to read with the Mystery Book Club-

The New Lady Darby book, that I'm super excited to read, A Fatal Illusion (Lady Darby #11) by Anna Lee Huber.

 

 

Sweeping S'Ride (Space Janitor #4) by Julia Huni

 


A Dangerous Ruse (Tournament of Shadows #2) by Tilly Wallace

 



Reading at Fantasy Buddy Reads-

Dragon and Judge (Dragonback #5) by Timothy Zahn

 

 

Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath #4) by Carol Berg 



Reading for NetGalley-

An Evil Heart (Kate Burkholder #15) by Linda Castillo.

 

 

 

My 'Pick it for me' book for July- 

Secrets in the Mist (Gothic Myths #1) by Anna Lee Huber

 



Our book club book for July-

What Mad Universe by Frederic Brown

 



The Hercule Poirot book for July-

Evil Under the Sun (Hercule Poirot #24) by Agatha Christie






No comments:

Post a Comment