Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Relationtrip by Elana Johnson

 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Romance, Clean Romance, Contemporary Fiction, Women's Fiction
Content: Clean

 

Question: What do a reclusive author and an outgoing travel agent have in common?
 

Answer: Nothing.
 

But fate brought them together on a vacation five years ago, and as Logan and Sloane prepare for their annual get-together, there are sparks flying between them.


Sloane:

When Logan Murphy, my accidental best friend, calls to say our annual mid-winter trip has to be "redone," he's already got the solution. Belize. An adults-only resort, and we leave in two days.


I'm giddy with excitement, because I need this trip more than I can express. When I see Murph standing in the airport, my heart twitches to a beat it hasn't since my fiance left me to tell our friends and family that he couldn't make it to the wedding.


So it's a short-lived twitch, because I'm never going to get into the dating boxing ring again-and least of all with my best friend.


Logan:

I've never told Sloane what I do for a living, and she doesn't know how I feel about her either. But I want her to know all of my secrets.


I want my best friend in my life more than once a year, and I've already started penning a happily-ever-after for the two of us.
 

This year, I tell myself, as my crush on the vibrant woman is at least two years old now.


If only I knew how to tell her...



It's been a while since I picked up a book and literally couldn't put it down until 4am. Even then, I put it down just because I had to get some sleep. I finished the last few chapters the next day. It was also the first time in a long time that I actually picked up a physical book to read. It felt so nice to actually have a real book in my hands again and turn the pages. 

This was the first book I've read by this author, but it won't be my last! I like her writing style. It was so compelling, and I enjoyed the slight twist on the vacation love story. Instead of being about how Sloane was jilted at the alter and met Logan on the way to spend her honeymoon alonewhich I'm pretty sure is the plot to a Hallmark movie I've seenthis story is set 5 years later after they've met and become best friends. 

I usually enjoy clean romances, but this one had me wanting a little bit more to happen! The heat from their attraction had me fanning myself. Once the book got to the point of feelings being confessed, it switched gears and became about a lot more than attraction though, and I loved that about the story. I will say that Sloane drove me crazy at times, but I still liked her. I love a good friends to lovers story, and I definitely recommend this one! It's a perfect summer beach read.

Thanks to the author for sending me a copy of this book.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment