Thursday, February 29, 2024

February 2024 Wrap-Up

  

The Jewels of Halstead Manor (Ladies of Devon #1) by Kasey Stockton

4 of 5 stars. Review to come. This was the Pick it for me book for February and I liked it so much I read the next 3 books in the series. Only one left to go and I'll have completed the whole series.




 

Great North Road by Peter F. Hamilton

2 of 5 stars. This ended up being a DNF for me. Unfortunately it felt too long and I didn't care for any of the characters.



 

Thicker Than Water (DCI Logan #2) by J.D. Kirk

4 of 5 stars. This was a good second book in the series. I'm liking the characters enough to continue on.

 

 

 

 The Lady of Larkspur Vale (Ladies of Devon #2) by Kasey Stockton

4 of 5 stars. Review to come. 



 

A Deadly Education (Scholomance #1) by Naomi Novik

4 of 5 stars. Review to come.



 

Mysteries of Thorn Manor (Sorcery of Thorns 1.5) by Margaret Rogerson

3 of 5 stars. It was fun to revisit Thorn manor and these characters.



 

Yule Be Sorry (Beaufort Scales #2) by Kim M. Watt

3 of 5 stars. This was another enjoyable book in this series. As I said before though, I usually enjoy these cozy mysteries more as a one and done thing and get bored with series of this genre. This one was really cute and if you like this sort of thing then I definitely recommend it, but I think two books are enough for me. Time to move on.



 

The Widow of Falbrooke Court (Ladies of Devon #3) by Kasey Stockton

4 of 5 stars. Review to come.

 

 

 

Everwild (Skinjacker #2) by Neal Shusterman

4 of 5 stars. This was an enjoyable reread. I had forgotten some of the details. I initially gave this 5 stars but this time around I'm dropping my rating to 4. 



 

Stones of Light (Threadlight #2) by Zack Argyle

3.5 stars. Review to come.

 


 

 The Recluse of Wolfeton House (Ladies of Devon) by Kasey Stockton

4 of 5 stars. Review to come.

 

 

 

The Snowman (Harry Hole #7) by Jo Nesbo

1 of 5 stars. Review to come.



Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #34) by Agatha Christie

4 of 5 stars

 

 


3.5 of 5 stars. This novella was predictable, but I still enjoyed getting the different perspectives of each neighbor. 

 

 

 

The Red House by George Agnew Chamberlain

3.5 of 5 stars. Review to come.

 

 


The Cabin on Souder Hill by Lonnie Busch

2 of 5 stars. Review to come.

 

 

 

The Tainted Cup (Shadow of the Leviathan #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett

No rating yet, I'm still reading it. Review to come.

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment