Sunday, April 28, 2024

The Perfect Nanny by Karen Clarke, Amanda Brittany

  


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Psychological Thriller
Content: Nothing I can remember


You trust her with your home, your husband, your baby… but she is about to destroy it all.

Sophy Pemberton is struggling to cope with the pressures of becoming a new mother. Her nine-month-old son never settles in her arms and the unrelenting tiredness from late night feeds is all-consuming.

So, when Liv Granger from the mother and baby group offers her services as a nanny, Sophy is overcome with relief. Now she can finally get some sleep… She can stop failing at being a mother.

But Liv has a secret.

She is convinced that Sophy was accountable for her brother’s tragic death and she has been searching for her for years.

And now that Liv’s found her, she’s outraged Sophy seems oblivious to the pain she has caused her family.

Sophy’s perfect house, perfect husband and perfect baby are too much for Liv to bear… and she’s going to make her pay.

'An utterly gripping and suspenseful novel that will have you turning the pages long into the night! Fans of The Mother-In-Law, Lies Lies Lies, and The Babysitter will love this heart-racing read.'

 

A while ago I found the author Karen Clarke through her book My Best Friend's Secret and just thoroughly enjoyed her storytelling. I've gone on to read every one of her mystery thrillers and I'm sad that for now, this was the last one. I hope she writes more. This was one of three that she co-wrote with author Amanda Brittany, and I think it's the best of the three. I had issues with the other two books that brought my ratings down to 3 stars. This one I confidently gave 4 stars to. 

I enjoyed the characters in this book, even though one of them did things at times that were pretty mean. I liked the growth in this character by the end of the book and that she ended up having a conscience. I felt incredibly bad for Sophy in this book and everything she went through. There were a couple of times I thought she was a little dumb to not see what was obvious, but I still liked this book enough to give it 4 stars. I thought I had this one all figured out and some of it I was right about, but there was a twist that I did not see coming, and of course there was that ending that sent chills up my spine but also had me thinking that character totally deserved what they got. I'll be looking for more psychological thrillers by Karen Clarke.




No comments:

Post a Comment