Monday, May 27, 2024

The Nothing Man by Catherine Ryan Howard

  

 My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Psychological Thriller
Content: Strong language, The unpleasant recollections of a serial killer that include raping and torturing his victims (although not much detail is given)

 

I was the girl who survived the Nothing Man. Now I am the woman who is going to catch him...


At the age of twelve, Eve Black was the only member of her family to survive an encounter with serial attacker the Nothing Man. Now an adult, she is obsessed with identifying the man who destroyed her life. Supermarket security guard Jim Doyle has just started reading The Nothing Man —the true-crime memoir Eve has written about her efforts to track down her family’s killer. As he turns each page, his rage grows. Because Jim’s not just interested in reading about the Nothing Man. He is the Nothing Man. Jim soon begins to realize how dangerously close Eve is getting to the truth. He knows she won’t give up until she finds him. He has no choice but to stop her first …

 

This is the first book I've read by this author and it definitely won't be my last! I found this book to be a very compelling read with a couple of twists I didn't see coming. That being said, I did figure out some of it ahead of time, but that didn't diminish my enjoyment of the book at all. Going into this we know who the killer is, the mystery lies elsewhere here, and the thrills lie in the fact that you're in the killer's head reliving the killings as he reads the book that's written about him. The whole time I was anticipating when he would finally go after Eve. 





No comments:

Post a Comment