Monday, July 15, 2024

June 2024 Book Club: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

For book club we read a book that I had already read before. I did a reread of it and ended up liking it about the same as I had before. I'm reposting my original review below with a few small tweaks along with a photo from book club.

 

 

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Sci-Fi
Content: Strong language, mild drug use


“Are you happy with your life?”

Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious.

Before he awakens to find himself strapped to a gurney, surrounded by strangers in hazmat suits.

Before a man Jason’s never met smiles down at him and says, “Welcome back, my friend.”


Dark Matter starts out like a normal thriller, but with a title like Dark Matter you know it has to turn sci-fi at some point. I don't want to say too much about it and spoil anything for other readers though. For me most of the book was very easy to figure out or see coming. Going in, I was expecting the book to keep me guessing about some things, but it was never hard to figure out, and neither was the reason behind it. However, that did not ruin my enjoyment of this book. I found it very hard to put down. I liked the love story that was the center of the book, and the things Jason discovers about himself. I was on pins and needles through some of the situations in the book and I thought the ending was perfect, but I really would love to know more about

.

***End of spoiler***

 

I made these Jason cookies for book club.
















No comments:

Post a Comment