I read 5 books in August, started two more that I'm still reading, and I read part of an anthology of short stories and novellas. I didn't have time to get to one of the books I had planned to read this month, A Trade of Blood but will add it to September's list.
Across the Ages (Timeless #4) by Gabrielle Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Category: Adult, Christian Fiction
Genre: Romance, Historical Romance, Time Travel
Content: Clean
This was another really enjoyable book in the series. I'm eager to continue.
Mercy Kill (Cass Leary #8) by Robin James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Category: Adult
Genre: Legal Thriller, Mystery, Suspense
Content: Strong Language
I had a bit of a hard time with this book and the fact that it seems every writer in this genre feels the need to include a book where the main love interest of the series gets accused of murder, and the main character doesn't know whether or not they can believe them when they say they didn't do it, because they're acting in an unusual manner. I really dislike this story device. It's predictable and usually not very believable. I feel like I'm being generous in giving it 3 stars.
Turns of Fate (An Isle of Wyrd #1) by Anne Bishop
I was looking forward to this one but it ended up disappointing me a bit. Review to come.
Tailored Realities by Brandon Sanderson
I had already read a few of the stories in this anthology so I didn't reread those, but I did read four of the other stories. I was unable to finish this because my library loan ended but I'll get back to it soon.
The four stories I read-
Brain Dump 3.5 stars
Dreamer 4 stars
Perfect State 3 stars
Probability Approaching Zero 2 stars
Hemlock & Silver by T. Kingfisher
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Nothing I can remember
It took me a while to get into this one but once I did I liked it. Unfortunately, for me it ended up being rather forgettable. I'm having a hard time remembering much about it now.
The Soulforge (Dragonlance: The Raistlin Chronicles #1) by Margaret Weis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Off page sex
I had such a good time listening to this and getting the backstory on the characters from the Dragonlance Chronicles.
A Bitter Cut (Lady Darby #14) by Anna Lee Huber
Still reading
The Spy Keeper of Marseille by Roseanna M. White
Still reading
No comments:
Post a Comment