Monday, September 21, 2026

It's time for another book haul

 This time around my book haul is significantly smaller. Thank goodness! I'm running out of shelf space.

 

In my last book haul post, I mentioned I wanted the Frankenstein MinaLima pop-up special edition. Well, I was able to find it on sale at Book Outlet along with the Snow White and Other Grimms' Fairy Tales one. I really like the art in both of these.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 











































































I ended up buying this special edition of Moon Called on a whim. I like it but probably should have passed on it since I'm starting to run low on shelf space, and I doubt there will be special editions of the whole series. Even if there are, I don't think I would buy all of them. Anyway, I do like the artwork in this edition a lot.                                                                                                                                                                 



 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also got these special Illumicrate editions of A River Enchanted and A Fire Endless. I probably should have passed on these too, since as I said in my last book haul, I have this duology in paperback already, which I like, and also another special edition copy of A River Enchanted. But these are very pretty. 






















 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I haven't read this series yet, but when the author announced these and showed the sprayed edges that have a dragon scale pattern on them that also shimmers, I couldn't resist. Apparently the shimmer effect with the pattern was so hard to get right, the publisher said they wouldn't do it again, so the next time she does special editions of these they won't have both.









 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got this deluxe edition of Scion from Barnes and Noble. This is their edition of the book with different sprayed edges and bonus material, which is an author note not included in the other versions. 





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I still have yet to even read Skyward but I bought this deluxe edition of the first book in what I believe is a spin-off series. Anyway, it's related to Skyward somehow. Fun note- My best friend was room mates with Janci back in their college days and still keeps in touch with her occasionally.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Some romances I bought. I've read all these and enjoyed them, just wanted copies for my shelves.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My husband and I went to a local con where he set up a booth to sell some of his 3D printed stuff and I went around meeting all the authors that were there. I was thrilled to get to meet Drew Hayes! I bought two of his books I had been wanting for my shelves and he signed them. I also met Joseph Brassey, an author who I had read as well, and bought three of his books. I met a lot of other authors that I had never heard of that were very nice, and bought some of their books too.  



























 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some mysteries and thrillers that I bought. 






 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

More Drew Hayes that I bought. I needed the whole Super Powereds series after I bought the signed one at the con. I still need book four but it's a big pricey book so it had to wait. Also, some other fantasy and sci-fi books I bought from Book Outlet, most of which I've read. 

 




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment