Thursday, February 23, 2017

Dark MatterDark Matter by Blake Crouch

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Sci-Fi
Content: Strong language, mild drug use


“Are you happy with your life?”

Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious.

Before he awakens to find himself strapped to a gurney, surrounded by strangers in hazmat suits.

Before a man Jason’s never met smiles down at him and says, “Welcome back, my friend.”



Dark Matter starts out like a normal thriller, but with a title like Dark Matter you know it has to turn sci-fi at some point. I don't want to say too much about it and spoil anything for other readers though. For me most of the book was very easy to figure out or see coming, and to be honest I was a little disappointed about that. Going in, I was expecting the book to keep me guessing what was real and what wasn't, but it was never hard to figure out, and neither was the reason behind it. However, that did not ruin my enjoyment of this book at all. I found it very hard to put down. I liked the love story that was the center of the book, and the things Jason discovers about himself. I was on pins and needles through some of the situations in the book and I thought the ending was perfect.

Overall this was a well-constructed story that, although it resembles some other stories out there, felt fresh. This is the first Blake Crouch novel I've read, and I may check out other things by this author later. At one point I had considered reading his Wayward Pines series, and I have the first two books on my Kindle, so who knows maybe I will eventually read them.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment