Friday, April 28, 2017

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1)Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J.L. Bryan

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Paranormal, Ghost Story, Mystery
Content: Clean


Ellie Jordan's job is to identify and remove unwanted ghosts. Part detective, part paranormal exterminator, Ellie operates out of Savannah, Georgia, the most haunted city in the United States.

This is the first book in the Ellie Jordan series and I enjoyed reading this. It was a quick read that was rather creepy; lots of ghosts, and while the ghosts were creepy, the book didn't creep me out as much as I was expecting. I would say this was like Ghost Hunters with maybe a little Ghostbusters thrown in, minus the comedy.

I liked all the characters, but at this point we have only really scratched the surface of who they are. We get a lot more backstory on the main character Ellie, the others, next to nothing. Hopefully that will change in subsequent books. This could be the start of a promising series if the author digs deeper into who the characters are and writes a more intricate overarching story for them. It could also just remain like one of those case of the week things that never really focuses too much on character development. Personally I think that would be disappointing. I do plan on continuing this series because I love ghost stories.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment