Saturday, October 20, 2018

The Dream Gatherer (Green Rider)The Dream Gatherer by Kristen Britain

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Clean



This book consists of three stories related to the world that Green Rider is set in. One thing I really liked about this book is the author tells how the Green Rider series began and came to be published. The book also includes some of her own drawings that relate to each story. I enjoyed these stories quite a bit, especially the main one that the book is titled after. I'll put my reviews for each individual story below.

Wishwind

Finding peace during the Long War. Raised in an orphan camp, Green Rider Danalong has known only war and strife, until a shipwreck leaves him stranded on a mysterious island.

3 stars. This is a short story and I liked it a lot. I found it a little hard to get into a first, but by the middle of the story I was really enjoying it and I loved the conclusion and the lesson taught.

Linked, on the Lake of Souls

A story of friendship within a story of friendship. In the sixth volume of the Green Rider series, Firebrand, a wounded Karigan G'ladheon asks her friend Estral to tell her a story to take her mind off her pain. This is that story.

3.5 stars. Another short story, I liked the strong bond of friendship and how the characters used their individual strengths to work together.

The Dream Gatherer

Dreams can be dangerous. A visit with the eccentric Berry sisters turns dangerous when an arcane device is discovered in their house that can summon dreamers through their dreams, and one of them is a nightmare.

4 stars. I adore the Berry sisters and was really happy that this novella was about them. We start out with a little back story of the ship that's stuck in the house and one pirate that they find who has been secretly still living there. The gorgeous cover art is of the house from this story and I think the artist did a great job depicting it. This story features Estral, Karigan's best friend and I enjoyed reading about her as well. This was quite the fun read and I really don't think I could ever get enough of the Berry sisters. Here's hoping Kristen Britain writes more about them one day.

Thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group for providing me with and ARC of this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment