Friday, November 30, 2018

Redeemed (Sins of Our Ancestors Book 3)Redeemed by Bridget E. Baker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Post Apacolyptic
Content: Clean


 
Seventeen year old Ruby Behl never expected to be thrust into a position of power. But so much has changed in the past few months, she’s prepared to accept the responsibility.

When a vicious attack accelerates the Tercera virus, Ruby and her friends have less than a week to find the cure, prevent the Cleanse, and rescue her aunt from execution.


I enjoyed this conclusion to the Sins of Our Ancestors trilogy. This is a post-apocalyptic with teen romance thrown in, so if you like that sort of thing you will probably like this series. There were a few little things that niggled at me, like the over protective nature of the love interest, but he never went so far with it that he didn't respect Ruby's wishes so I could over look that. In general I liked him.

There were some repetitive things that happened in the series as a whole. There is a lot of traveling from place to place, and I kind of felt like it got a little old after a while. And Ruby and her friends tended to get captured a lot, which I thought happened a little too often. Mostly though I liked this book and the series overall was good, and I liked that not everything was wrapped up too neatly in the end. There were a couple of deaths that made me sad but needed to happen to balance things out.

Something I liked about this series is the way the author describes the scientific research for creating the virus and finding the cure. I'll admit I am not a scientist and never did that well in science in school, but the way it was written made it feel somewhat plausible to me instead of just coming out of nowhere.

This series was a quick, fun read and I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.

Thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment