Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Death of Dulgath (The Riyria Chronicles, #3)The Death of Dulgath by Michael J. Sullivan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: fantasy
Content: Small amount of Strong Language



Three years have passed since the war-weary mercenary Hadrian and the cynical ex-assassin Royce joined forces to start life as rogues-for-hire. Things have gone well enough until they're asked to help prevent a murder. Now they must venture into an ancient corner of the world to save a mysterious woman who knows more about Royce than is safe and cares less about herself than is sane.

I absolutely loved this third book in the Riyria Chronicles. I've taken my time reading these, and I'm glad I have because I love being in this world with Royce and Hadrian. I'll be reading the next book in the series next month and I'm hoping there will be more. I really don't want it to be over!

I loved that the first two books in this series focused on the origins of Royce, Hadrian, and several other prominent characters in the Riyria Revelations series, but I also loved that this book was all about Royce and Hadrian on a job. There were so many scenes in the book that made me smile, especially the ones in the bar. The situations they got themselves into and out of where all entertaining. The best part is always finding out how they will get themselves out of them.

There were some nice surprises that relate to the Legends of the First Empire series, and I'm glad I read all the available books in that one first. It's been an interesting experience reading this middle series after reading the other two as there are things that relate to both past and future in these. At this point I probably don't even need to say that I'm looking forward to reading anything else Michael J. Sullivan writes. It's just a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment