Friday, November 30, 2018

The Bride of Ivy Green (Tales from Ivy Hill, #3)The Bride of Ivy Green by Julie Klassen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult, Christian
Genre: Historical Romance
Content: Clean



Much has happened in idyllic Ivy Hill in recent months, and while several villagers have found new love and purpose, questions remain--and a few dearly held dreams have yet to be fulfilled.

This is the last book in the Tales From Ivy Hill trilogy and I was looking forward to reading it all year. I didn't like this one quite as much as the two previous books in the trilogy. It seemed like there was less time spent on each character which was probably due to the fact that there were so many to cover in this book. I still enjoyed reading about them all though, especially Mercy and Jane. I think the real drawback of this book was that everything was tied up too neatly for me. It would have been more relatable if some characters would have been allowed to not have a happily ever after.

One thing I really enjoyed was the author's note at the end of the book where she reveals that the inspiration for Ivy Hill was the town of Lacock in England. It was nice to read her perspective of the town and look at her photos (you can find them at https://www.talesfromivyhill.com/) since I had also been there and loved it. I'll miss this series a lot, but I'm looking forward to reading whatever Julie Klassen writes next.

Thanks to NetGalley and Bethany House Publishers for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an review.

Some of my pictures of Lacock:





No comments:

Post a Comment