Monday, March 11, 2019

Down a Dark Road (Kate Burkholder, #9)Down a Dark Road by Linda Castillo

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Content: Strong Language


 
Eight years ago Joseph King was convicted of murdering his wife and sentenced to life in prison. He was a "fallen" Amish man and, according to local law enforcement, a known drug user with a violent temper. Now King has escaped, and he’s headed for Painters Mill.

I liked this book a lot even though I figured things out very early on. It was still very suspenseful and it kept me reading. Just like the last book Tomasetti plays a much smaller role in this one, but it didn't bother me. I very much enjoyed the glimpses into Kate's childhood. However, as a police chief Kate still does not come off as competent as I think she should be in certain situations, but this is probably going to be the case throughout the whole series. I also think that Kate should have been able to figure out what was going on way before she did. Her disbelief at who was involved just didn't ring true, especially considering what happened in the last book and who was involved in that. I'm still enjoying this series though, even with its flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment