Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Finding Liberty (Almost a Billionaire Book 4)Finding Liberty by Bridget E. Baker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Romance
Content: Clean

 
Billionaire heiress Brekka Thornton is headed for Olympic fame and glory until a car accident destroys all her plans.

An IED blast sends Marine Rob Graham back to the US with a purple heart and a broken back.

When Brekka’s brother proposes to Rob's best friend, their paths are destined to cross at the upcoming wedding. Even so, Rob isn't prepared for Brekka to roll into his life and turn it inside out.

Brekka hasn’t been on a date since the car accident, and Rob’s quick wit and winning smile unnerve her.

Can love mend these two broken spirits, or will the weight of the past shatter them beyond repair?


If you only read one book in this series, make it this one! I got to read a rough draft of this book and I was very impressed with it, even in that form. This is the fourth book in this companion series, and I think it's the best one yet. I loved both Brekka and Rob. They are now my favorite characters in the whole series. Brekka dealing with her disability, and the things Rob went through as well, gave this book added depth and meaning that the other books didn't have. Don't get me wrong though, those books were good. I enjoyed them very much, and although they are pure escapism, they each had their own deeper meaning that is eventually revealed. This one however, was just special. I actually got emotional a couple of times while reading it.

There were a few times where the characters don't communicate with each other as well as they should have, but I've come to accept that this is standard procedure for the romance genre, so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. It may have been done fewer times here, but I felt like it worked to illustrate Brekka's insecurities, which I thought were very realistically written. I've read very few books that feature a main character who is disabled and reading this one made me want to find more of them.

All the characters from the previous books are revisited in this book at some point, as they are all gathering for the wedding of Geo and Trig from book two, Finding Cupid. Trig, being Brekka's brother is in the book quite a bit. He is my least favorite character from the series, mainly because he has a lot to learn. I will say that he had me very annoyed at certain points in this book, but he also does end up learning a few things that make him more likable. And even though he annoyed me, I could also understand his misguided efforts where his sister is concerned. Sometimes it's easy to be too protective of the people we love.

Thanks to Bridget Baker for letting me read a rough draft of this and valuing my opinions. I'm not sure how helpful I was, but I do appreciate getting to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment