Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Finding Home (Almost a Billionaire Book 6)Finding Home by Bridget E. Baker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Romance
Content: Clean 



Family is more than shared DNA. . . and a home is more than a nice house.

Cole's mother married the Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein when he was only three years old. When his step-father’s failing health requires Cole to step in and help out, he does it without complaint, knowing he can never ascend the throne. When his step-father offers to adopt him, Cole knows it's unlikely the other members of the Princely Family will ever accept an adopted heir. Even so, part of him wants to try.

Beth grew up surrounded by loving siblings and doting parents, but she wasn't born into this idyllic family. When her biological mother reaches out, explaining that she’s a huge star in Europe, Beth feels as if fate has orchestrated their reunion. Her bio mom is impressed with Beth's skill at the piano and invites her to join the European tour. Beth jumps at the chance, but the reality isn't quite the dream she imagined.

When Beth finds herself in a jam in the middle of Europe, can Cole rescue the damsel in distress, even though he's not technically a prince? And can Cole and Beth find the true meaning of home. . . together?



 
      Vaduz Castle


"Only once have I ever felt completely at home...
 

When I'm texting you, when I'm talking to you, and especially when I'm with you, I'm finally home."

Last year I thought book 5, Finding Holly would be the last book in this series. It was a bittersweet goodbye. I was happy to have read the whole series, and for one of the beloved characters, Paisley to finally get her happy beginning, but a little sad that there would be no more books to read. Shortly after I finished that book Bridget Baker announced that she had decided to write one more. This time it would be Cole's story. Cole was introduced in book 5 as Paisley's brother. He was an interesting character so I was happy to read more about him and find out who he falls in love with. Little did I know it would be Rob's sister. Rob from previous books, but namely Finding Liberty, my favorite book in the whole series and my very favorite guy from the series. Needless to say, I gobbled this book up. I enjoyed getting to know both Cole and Beth more, and their beautiful love story. This book is set mostly in picturesque Liechtenstein, and I'm not gonna lie, it kind of made me want to visit that place.

Bridget knows how to write endearing characters that seem real, but at the same time I always feel like I've escaped to somewhere else. I know I've said this before, but this reminded me a lot of a Hallmark movie, only better. The characters have more depth, and I can relate to the way they feel.

Thanks to the author for giving me an ARC of this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment