Thursday, November 5, 2020

Finding Balance (Almost a Billionaire, #7) by Bridget E. Baker

54532120. sy475 

 My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Inspirational, Women's Fiction
Content: Clean

  

Amy loved everything about her mom: her smile, her smell, her gentle laugh. On the day her mom died, it felt like the sun went dark. Her dad slapped wheels on a house and they started moving, but no matter how many new places they went, the sun never came out again.

At least, not until Mary showed up and handed Amy a box of Froot Loops. Amy loved Mary from the very first day—almost as much as her dad did.

Amy began calling Mary "Mom" shortly after the wedding without a second thought. After all, Mary cared for her, taught her, and loved her. But when Aunt Anica comes to visit, she has plenty of questions. And now, Amy does too.

Does loving Mary mean Amy doesn't love her mom? Or is there somehow room for all the love Amy feels in her heart?



This is a novella set in the Almost a Billionaire series. It's a bit different from the other books in the series because it isn't a romance. It centers on Luke's daughter Amy from book one. I thought it was a sweet, inspirational story. I enjoyed getting into Amy's head and seeing how her 7 year old self saw things. I also thought the author did a good job of showing how a child would think and feel in the situations that were presented in the story. 

I know some things that happened in the story were inspired by real life, namely the chickens, and I think I liked that part of the book the best. I also liked how Amy dealt with the school bully. It was also nice to have the wedding of Trudy and Paul from book 3 added in there. I'm looking forward to reading the next (and I think the last?) book in the series.

 


Thanks the Bridget E. Baker for providing me with an ARC of this book.
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment