Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Really Late post for the August Reading Challenge

https://fthmb.tqn.com/Yz6rnDtrV0nCFQHi_TRGTQlfu74=/1980x1514/filters:fill(auto,1)/GettyImages-172575621-59bc39940d327a0011e5fdb6.jpg

 

The reading challenge for August was titled Audio book August.

The challenge was to clean out our audio book collection and get it ready for some cozy seasonal listening

I almost didn't post about this challenge because I don't have an audio book collection, or at least not much of one. But I did have a bunch of audio books that I borrowed, and so I decided that was good enough for the challenge. I've already posted reviews for several of these, so I'll post links to the reviews on those.

 Here's my list of audio books I listened to in August:

 

  See my review for this book here.


  See my review for this book here.


This was the last Cork O'Connor book for me. Just when I thought this series couldn't get any preachier, I read this book. I had intended to stop after this one, but wish I had stopped before it. Will I miss Cork and his family? Not really. I also won't miss the narrator, who wasn't a favorite.

 

I'm doing a buddy read for this series in a mystery book club on Goodreads, and I'm really enjoying it. It was actually the replacement for the Cork O'Connor Series. I think as this series has gone along, each book has gotten better. What I really like about it are the twists and turns. I'm currently reading book 4, and so far it's my favorite. Another thing I appreciate about this series is that, so far it's good, solid mysteries without all the soap boxing that annoyed me in the Cork O'Connor books. There might be topics brought up in this series from time to time, but it never feels preachy, and the stories don't revolve around political issues. The narrator for the audio is pretty good too.


  See my review for this book here.


I love Lady Darby. I love the mysteries, and I love her relationship with Gage. It's so romantic without taking away from the mystery, or going into too much detail about their love life. This is so well done! I listen to these on audio every month and I do not care for the narrator. She puts this uptick in her voice at the end of all her sentences and frequently puts emphasis on the wrong words.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment