Wednesday, October 25, 2023

My Latest Book Haul

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On Saturday my husband and I went to two of our local used book stores and of course I didn't leave empty handed. I've also, shopped on Ebay and Amazon for a few as well over the last month or so. 

 

These are the ones I found at my local bookstores-

 


 












A few years ago a friend of mine was unhauling a bunch of books and I snagged the second book in this trilogy. I've never read anything by Eddings, but I figured since it was free I would try it. I later realized that it was book two so I bought a used copy of book one. I hadn't intended to buy the third book until I knew if I liked book one, but the bookstore had this hardcover copy for only five dollars, so I decided to go ahead and buy it. So now I just need to actually get around to reading these!














 

I've had this book on my list for a long time and I've read mixed reviews about it, but I'm still interested in reading it, so when I saw it at the used bookstore I decided to go ahead and buy it.

 

 


  








I read this series a few years ago and really liked it. I only had the Kindle version of these and wanted to add the hardcovers to my library. This is book three of the trilogy and the prequel, so I still need to get books one and two. You can read my review of the first book, The Novice here.










 

 

I've been reading the Tracy Crosswhite series for a while through KU and I've been wanting to buy copies for my library, so I was really happy to find these three books in the series.













 

 

 

I really enjoy Minka Kent's books, and although I haven't read this one yet, I feel like I'll most likely enjoy it, so this one was easy to say yes to.


 

These are the books I bought online-

 



 










I've been collecting the Lady Darby series and this was the last book I needed. I found it at a good price from an individual seller on Ebay.




 











I got an ARC of this book from NetGalley last summer and I really loved it, so I decided to splurge on a hardcover copy for my library. You can read my review of it here.















This was the only one of the Hercule Poirot books that I didn't have on my shelves. I've bought most of these used and I looked for a used copy of this one for a long time. I like to buy used from individuals if I can, and I like to see photos of the actual book I'm buying, not just a stock photo. Unfortunately, I could never find a good used copy with this cover, so I ended up just buying a new one on Amazon.

 

 


 












This is another book that I read via KU and loved, that I didn't own a copy of. You can see my review of this book here.





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's it for all the physical books I bought. I did buy a couple of ebooks that I couldn't get for free at my library or Hoopla. They were on sale on Amazon. 

 

 

This also helped me take advantage of the Kindle Rewards book points. Also, did you know when you borrow certain books from KU that you can get a huge discount on the audio book? At least in the US. I'm not sure if it works the same way everywhere.

I borrowed this book-

 

And I got the audio for only $1.99. I've done the same thing with every book in this series. 

It's also worth noting that I don't buy all my ebooks and audio books from Amazon. I like to support other book sellers too, like Kobo and Chirp. I know they treat authors better and they get a larger percentage of their book sales from those places than they do from Amazon and Audible. I mostly try to buy from Amazon/Audible when it's an author that's exclusive to Amazon/Audible. Of course, there are sales sometimes for other books that draw me in too.






No comments:

Post a Comment