Tuesday, October 31, 2023

October 2023 Wrap-Up

Although there were a couple of duds, I got lots of great reading done in October. 16 books to be exact!

 

First off, I read the Hercule Poirot book that I picked for October, Hallowe'en Party

 

This wasn't the next book in order of the series, but I couldn't pass up reading this one during the month of Halloween. I ended up giving it 3 of 5 stars. It didn't engage my interest as much as other books in the series, and I didn't think the plot was as good as most of Christie's books.


Next I read The Vanishing by Wendy Webb, my "Pick it for me" book for this month. I also used this book for my Spooktober reading challenge.


3.5 of 5 stars. See my review here.

 

After The Vanishing I decided to read something completely different, that wasn't even on my reading list for the month,  Rimrunners (The Company Wars #3) by C. J. Cherryh

 

I'll be posting a review of it soon, but I gave this one 4 of 5 stars.



Next I read One Last Kill (Tracy Crosswhite #10) by Robert Dugoni. 

 

I gave this one 4 of 5 stars. I'll be posting a review for this one soon too.



Next was another unplanned read, And Then She Ran by Karen Clarke


I gave this one 4 of 5 stars. Review coming soon.



My husband was wanting to start the next Mercy Thompson book so I read Night Broken (Mercy Thompson #8) by Patricia Briggs next.

 

I originally rated this 4 stars and I kept my rating at 4 of 5 stars after this reread.

 

 

Next I read The Lost Ones by Anita Frank for my Spooktober reading challenge. 

 

I gave this one 3.5 of 5 stars. See my review here.



After The Lost Ones, it was time to squeeze in my book club book for the month. Dawn (Xenogenesis #1) by Octavia E. Butler.

 

I gave this book 1 of 5 stars. See my review here.



We were enjoying the Mercy books so much that we had to listen to the next book, Fire Touched (#Mercy Thompson #9) by Patricia Briggs almost right away.

 

I gave this book 4 of 5 stars, the same rating I gave it originally. See my review of this book here.



Next, I read Station Eternity (The Midsolar Murders #1) by Mur Lafferty with the Mystery Book Club.

 

I gave this one 2.5 of 5 stars. Review coming soon.



Then I picked up The Silent Woman by Minka Kent.


This book got 4 of 5 stars. Review coming soon.



And then I went back to the Mercy Thompson series again and read, Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) by Patricia Briggs

 

I originally gave this book 4.5 stars, but bumped my rating up to 5 of 5 stars after the reread. See my review here.



Next, after picking it up off and on for over two weeks, I finished reading Farilane (The Rise and the Fall #2) by Michael J. Sullivan. 

 

I gave this 4 of 5 stars. Review to come.



After that it was back to the Patricia Briggs books with Burn Bright (Alpha and Omega #5).

 

I gave this 4 of 5 stars, the same as before. See my review here.



Next I read the ARC of System Collapse (Murderbot #7) by Martha Wells for NetGalley.

 

I gave this one 3 of 5 stars. Review coming soon.



And Finally, I picked up the last Spooktober read, A Stroke of Winter by Wendy Webb.

 

I really enjoyed this book. 4 of 5 stars.

 

Overall it was a good month and I enjoyed the spontaneity of it. I'm looking forward to what November will bring!







No comments:

Post a Comment