Sunday, January 13, 2019

Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong Language



Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae.

Nine books into this series and I'm not even a little bit tired of it. I took a break from it for a while because I was reading so many other things, but I'm glad to be back. The Fae are up to no good as usual here, and we get a new character that is interesting, a human boy who has the ability to control fire...well most of the time. Sometimes the fire pops up unexpectedly which results in some damage to Mercy and Adam's home. But it's no big deal because the wolves and the Fae do even worse to it! I need to point out how very happy I am that several things that Adam's ex-wife Christie picked out get completely demolished. If my husband had an ex I could never live in a house that he had built and shared with her. I don't know how Mercy does it. Christie makes an appearance in this book, and yet again is her annoying self. Thankfully it was brief.

Other things that I loved about this book were:

-The walking stick. I love how it keeps finding its way back to Mercy and how it pops up whenever she needs it, even if she doesn't realize she does.

-Baba Yaga. What a hoot!

-Sherwood Post, and how he got his name. I really want to know more about him.

-The Gray Court. I liked that we dig deeper into the Fae and the inner workings of the Gray Court.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series and getting caught up for the new release coming in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment