Sunday, January 14, 2018

Dark Deeds (Class 5, #2)Dark Deeds by Michelle Diener

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Space Opera, Romance
Content: A couple of suggestive scenes, strong language


 
Fiona Russell has been snatched from Earth, imprisoned and used as slave labor, but nothing about her abduction makes sense. When she’s rescued by the Grih, she realizes there’s a much bigger game in play than she could ever have imagined, and she’s right in the middle of it.

Battleship captain Hal Vakeri is chasing down pirates when he stumbles across a woman abducted from Earth. She’s the second one the Grih have found in two months, and her presence is potentially explosive in the Grih’s ongoing negotiations with their enemies, the Tecran. The Tecran and the Grih are on the cusp of war, and Fiona might just tip the balance.


It took me a while to get back to this series but I'm glad I did. I thought the romance aspect of this book was better than the first one - it didn't feel quite so insta-love - but the AI aspect of it was not as interesting. Nothing can top Sazo, but I did like Fiona a little more than I liked Rose in the previous book.

I did feel like this book was set up too much like the last book was and it looks like the same will be the case for the third book in the trilogy. That's a little too repetitive in my opinion. I'm still interested in continuing on though, because this series is fun even with it's flaws. One thing I am hoping for though, is that the protagonist in the next book has a terrible singing voice and no one wants to hear her sing! Let me explain - the Grih race in the books hold music as a near sacred thing, and are completely enthralled when they hear someone sing or play music, because apparently they can't sing, or something - I really can't remember the reasons. Anyway, both Rose in book one, and Fiona in this book end up singing for them when they find out how it affects them. This resulted in some humorous scenes in the book, but it also got a little cheesy at times. Mainly I just want something different in the next book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment