Monday, February 4, 2019

Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)Cold Shadows by J.L. Bryan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Ghost Story, Paranormal, Mystery
Content: Clean


Footsteps in the attic. Toys that play by themselves. A dark presence in an upstairs room.

It's been almost two years since I read the first book in this series. I liked it a lot, but for some reason I didn't find myself wanting to return to Ellie's world right away. I did finally decide to pick this one up though, and it was enjoyable. I love ghost stories and this one had its creepy moments, but there is just something lacking in this series for me. I think the main thing is that there is next to no story besides the job they are on. I would very much like to see more character development and more story away from the job. Who are these characters besides ghost hunters? We have been told some background on Ellie, but I need to see more. I've read a few reviews for the third book in the series and it seems like that may be coming. I'm enjoying this series, and even though I don't think it's spectacular, it has potential so I'm willing to give it at least one more try.

No comments:

Post a Comment