Monday, February 25, 2019

Lake Silence (The Others, #6)Lake Silence by Anne Bishop

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Strong Language


 
After her divorce, Vicki DeVine took over a rustic resort near Lake Silence, in a human town that is not human controlled. Towns like Vicki’s have no distance from the Others, the dominant predators that rule most of the land and all of the water throughout the world. And when a place has no boundaries, you never really know what’s out there watching you.

Vicki was hoping to find a new career and a new life. But when her lodger, Aggie Crowe–one of the shapeshifting Others–discovers a dead body, Vicki finds trouble instead.


Initially I wasn't sure how I would like this new set of books set in the world of the Others. I was worried that I would miss the old cast of characters, but I loved this book. Vicki and Aggie were both great characters, as well as Julian and Grimshaw. I hope we get to read more about them in other books. There is always a bit of comic relief when the Others are involved, so there were several things in this book that made me smile and even laugh out loud. I love that the crows were in this book, and I loved them as much here as I did in the last series.

As with the last series there are humans who are stupid enough to think they can defy the Others and get away with it. One of the best things about this series is anticipating how they are going to meet their demise courtesy of the Others. It's never pretty but it's always satisfying. I enjoyed being entertained by this book, and I'll be reading the next book in the series soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment