Thursday, February 14, 2019

Swamp Team 3 (Miss Fortune Mystery, #4)Swamp Team 3 by Jana Deleon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Content: Strong Language


 
Undercover CIA agent Fortune Redding spent her first three weeks in Sinful, Louisiana dodging insults, makeup advice, guard dogs, bullets, and Deputy Carter LeBlanc, both professionally and personally. But just when she thinks things are going to settle down in the small bayou town, someone sets her friend Ally’s house on fire.

Has it really only been three weeks since Fortune arrived in Sinful, Louisiana? It feels like three years. Ok, that may be because I've been reading these for the last three years. That's one book a year, with the exception of year one when I read two of them. That should tell you how uncompelling (Is that a word?) this series is to me. I pick one up occasionally when I want something that will make me laugh. Unfortunately I always end up being disappointed. These books don't make me laugh nearly as much as I'm hoping they will, but yet I keep coming back for more. WHY? I wish I knew the answer to that question. My best guess is that these books are filling some home sickness that I have for Louisiana.

There were a couple of things I liked about this book, the little touch of romance, and the friendship between Fortune and Ally. Other than that I thought this was a bit lack luster. Nothing in the story made me really laugh at all, and there is usually one thing that does in these books. I also felt like there were too many things going on in this mystery. The addition of the stalker was just too much.

Now that I've read this fourth book in the series and it was the least humorous one of the bunch, I'm going to force myself to give up this series. I really don't need to waste my time on it any more. I would much rather spend that time on something that really makes me laugh. I'm going to try reading more of Molly Harper's books but if anyone has any suggestions I would love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment