Monday, February 4, 2019

Courting Scandal (Fairchild, #3)Courting Scandal by Jaima Fixsen

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Historical Romance
Content: Clean


Laura Edwards, a French émigré fallen on hard times, took to the stage to support her brother's medical career. Now that he's established, he wants her to turn respectable, landing her in the country hiding in plain sight from one of her biggest admirers, Jasper Rushford, the care-for-nothing son of the local viscount.

Jasper Rushford doesn’t want drama—when visiting a sister who’s about to give birth, the more placid the event, the better. But when he recognizes the doctor’s mousy sister as the darling of London’s stage, theatrics are inevitable.


I enjoyed this last book in the Fairchild trilogy, but not quite as much as the two previous ones. I liked Jasper a lot in the previous books, and I was happy that he got a book dedicated to him this time around, but as it happens, this is my least favorite story line out of the trilogy. I didn't care for Laura too much in the beginning, but she eventually grew on me. Also, the acting thing wasn't as interesting to me in the first place and I thought the drama surrounding Laura and her uncle was a bit overblown.

All that being said, I still liked this book quite a lot, and if I wasn't comparing it to Fairchild, and Incognita I might have given it 4 stars instead of 3.5.


No comments:

Post a Comment