Friday, November 29, 2019

What is HiddenWhat is Hidden by Lauren Skidmore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Fairy Tale
Content: Clean

 
“The Chameleon is on the loose.” Despite the whispers that sprung up, the Speaker continued, “He’s stealing our masks and assuming the identities of the victims. It is our duty to warn you—do not trust the masks alone.”

In Venesia, your mask is your life. It is your face, your rank, and your identity. Without a mask, you are nothing.

Which makes the Chameleon the most dangerous criminal in the land.


This has been on my to-read list for several years. It's a loose retelling of Cinderella with the roles switched in some aspects of the story. I almost decided against reading it at one point, but I'm glad I didn't. It was deliciously romantic. I loved the masks and the prince was dreamy. I also love that this story wasn't love at first sight like Cinderella normally is. In my opinion this is better than the story it was based on. My only complaint is that I didn't really buy the prince's reaction to a certain reveal near the end. If you are in the mood for a quick, clean romantic read, then try this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment