Thursday, December 1, 2022

November Wrap-Up

I had nine books planned for November and I ended up reading all by one of them. I didn't get to Son of Shadows by Juliet Marillier. That one is a buddy read I'm doing with a couple of other ladies on Goodreads, and it got pushed back until January. It's a long and emotional type read, and I think we all realized we didn't have the time to dedicate to it right now.

Here are the books I did get to and my ratings and brief comments for them. I'll post reviews for some of them later, if I haven't already:

 

36392840. sy475 

A Steep Price by Robert Dugoni

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Content: Strong Language
 

A good entry in the series. I liked the relationship stuff in the story with Tracy and Dan and there are a couple of new characters introduced that seem to be staying.


52777597. sx318 sy475 

Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre by Max Brooks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
 
Category: Adult
Genre: Horror, Sci-fi, Fantasy
Content: Strong language, Gory deaths

See my review here.


6418757. sy475 

Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Content: Clean

See my review here.

 

59836180. sy475 

Empire of Exiles by Erin M. Evans

This was one from October that I needed to finish up in November. It ended up being a DNF.

See my review here.


41751502. sy475 

Spaceside by Michael Mammay

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Space Opera, Sci-fi
Content: Strong Language

This was a good sequel to Planetside. The end had me wanting to start the third book right away!


54747286. sy475 

A Wicked Conceit by Anna Lee Huber

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Content: Strong Language

For me, this was the weakest book in the series so far. It was slow to get going and I got bored at some parts. It finally picked up after the murder finally happened, well into the book. Also, Kiera's sister annoyed me so much. Thankfully that's finally resolved.

 

28698036. sx318  

 Mistborn Secret History by Brandon Sanderson

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Strong Language

See my review here.

 

44151100 

A Cold Trail by Robert Dugoni

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Content: Strong Language

As with all the books in this series, I found this book to be a very engrossing read. I liked that Dan's case plays a big part in this one. The story illustrated how torn Tracy was to go back to work now that she's a mother. There was some needless relationship drama that could have been resolved much sooner if they had just talked. I especially liked the author's note at the end of this one. It tells about the person this book is dedicated to.

 

60542491 

Death at the Falls by Rosemary Simpson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Content: Strong Language

See my review here

 

59768312. sy475

The Lost Metal by Brandon Sanderson 

I'm still reading the Lost Metal. I'm reading the hardcover and it takes me a lot longer to get through those because I don't have as much time to just sit and read. I am enjoying this one very much though, and I'm ok with taking my time with it.


I also squeezed in a few other reads this month. I love these spontaneous ones! 

 

53670431. sy475 

Colonyside by Michael Mammay

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Space Opera, Sci-fi
Content: Strong Language

I had to read this one after the way Spaceside ended! I've enjoyed all three of these books. I think the author has plans to write more in this series, and when he does, I'll definitely read them.


27270718. sy475 

 A Bramble House Christmas by C. J. Carmichael

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Romance
Content: Off page lovemaking

After so much mystery and fantasy, I needed a romance. This one was perfect for the holidays. Plus I had seen the Hallmark movie version of this and wanted to read the book that inspired it. To me this is one of the best Hallmark movies I've ever seen. It wasn't cringe worthy or cheesy like a lot of them are. It had more substance.


17777209. sy475 

Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Category: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content: Memories of abuse and rape are discussed by one of the characters

I started a reread of this series a couple of months ago. This time reading all the Mercy-verse books in chronological order with the hubby. This novella is the second story in the timeline.





No comments:

Post a Comment