Saturday, April 29, 2023

April Wrap-up

April ended up being a good month of reading. I finished all but two of the books that I had planned to read. I'm still working on 

Serenity by Karen Ann Hopkins and Dragon and Soldier by Timothy Zahn


As usual, I also read a few unplanned books this month. 


I spontaneously decided to read Son of Avonar by Carol Berg when a buddy read was set up in Fantasy Buddy Reads with the author. It's been a lot of fun having the author pop in and make comments and answer our questions about the book. This is the first book in a four book series and so far, I'm really loving it!

 


I read the third book in the Central Corps Series, Breach of Containment by Elizabeth Bonesteel. I thought this was the last book in the series, but there is actually another one being written. I'm so happy about that because I'm loving this series! 

 


I also read the Mistletoe and Mireworth by Tilly Wallace. This is a novella set after the last book in the Manners and Monsters series and it wrapped things up pretty nicely. I do think that it would have been better to have just included this in the last book, but I'm glad this was written to tie up some loose ends.

 


Early in the month the husband and I read two more of the Mercy-verse books, Frost Burned and Fair Game. After we finished these we decided to take a break from them for a while to focus on other things, but we will get back to this soon.

 

 


And finally, I read Bryony and Roses by T. Kingfisher. This was originally on my March reading list, but got pushed back when I ran out of borrows on Hoopla. This was a nice retelling of Beauty and the Beast and I enjoyed it.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment