Monday, April 10, 2023

Late Post for the March Reading Challenge (Updated on 4/11/2023)

 

https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/iStock-506432952.jpg 


UPDATE-

I completely forgot that The Soul of a Lady by Wanda Luce counted towards this challenge. I've had it on my shelf for more than 10 years. So I got two books read for this challenge.

 -------------------------------------------------------

 

The reading challenge for March was Spring Clean Your Collection (Oldest Owned). Typically we're supposed to read books that have been on our to-read list for at least ten years. I only read one book that I've had on my shelf for 10 years. I had planned on reading more, but life got in the way. My husband and I went on an unplanned road trip for 5 days, and instead of reading some of the books I had planned to read in March, we ended up listening to 6 of Patricia Briggs books from the Mercy Thompson series and the Alpha and Omega series, over the last two weeks (he had two weeks off). We listened to most of them on the road trip. This started a few months ago when I decided to do a reread of all the Mercy verse books in chronological order, and my husband wanted to read them with me. Needless to say, we've had loads of fun listening together, and I never would have thought we would get though so many in March! I could probably stretch things and count some of those books, because I've had them for over ten years, but I think the books should be ones I've never read, so I won't count them.

Now back to the book I read for this challenge-

I decided on Forget me by K. A. Harrington

 

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Category: Young Adult
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Content: Underage drinking

 

On the three-month anniversary of her boyfriend Flynn’s death, Morgan uploads her only photo of him to FriendShare to get some closure—but she’s shocked when the facial recognition software suggests she tag him as "Evan Murphy." She’s never heard of Evan, but a quick search tells her that he lives in a nearby town and looks exactly like Flynn. Only this boy is very much alive.

Digging through layers of secrets and lies, Morgan is left questioning everything she thought she knew about her boyfriend, her town, and even her parents' involvement in this massive web of lies.

 

Initially, I didn't realize this was a YA book, but I still ended up liking it. I liked the characters and I thought they were written more intelligent than a lot of YA characters I've read. Morgan mostly thinks things through instead of just running headfirst into things, and I liked that. There was only one time I was really questioning her judgment. I also enjoyed the relationship development between Morgan and Evan. 

Overall, this book is a simple book. I thought the mystery was too easy to figure out. I was also expecting more suspense and more twists and turns than I got, but I enjoyed it anyway. I think this will probably appeal to most YA readers that are into mystery. 






No comments:

Post a Comment