Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May Wrap-Up

I got to everything I wanted to read this month except Tsalmoth by Steven Brust. That one was iffy anyway, since I'm waiting on other people to get the audio book for the buddy read. 

 

If you've been following my blog you've probably already seen my review for Seed Money by B.E. Baker. I really loved this one!

  

4 of 5 stars

 

And you probably saw my review for The Will of the Many by James Islington, another book I ended up loving, and it got a rare 5 stars from me.

 

5 of 5 stars

 

I also posted a review for Yesterday's Tides by Roseanna M. White. A book, I was sad to say, I was disappointed in.

 

No rating at this time

 

Also, I finished up Son of Avonar (The Bridge of D'Arnath #1) by Carol Berg and loved it so much! Carol Berg has a talent for writing some really heart wrenching stories that make you want to keep reading. I loved the characters in this book. I'll be posting a review for this later.

 

4.5 of 5 stars

 

I read the superb Hercule Poirot mystery, Sad Cypress by Agatha Christie. I really enjoyed this book. As of now, it ranks in my top ten Poirot books, which is surprising to me because Poirot doesn't really do all that much in this book. Originally, I was trying to review all the Poirot books along with a film version, but unfortunately it got to be too much for me to keep up with. I have watched all the ITV Poirot episodes of the books I've read though. Some of the books I've liked but not had a lot to say about. I'm hoping to make some reviews of the ones I liked the most, so maybe I'll end up posting a review for this one later.

 

4 of 5 stars

 

Our book club read was The House Witch (Volume 1) by Delemhach. I loved this charmingly funny book! My review will be coming soon.

 

4 of 5 stars 

 

I read the second book in the Space Janitor Series by Julia Huni, The Dust of Kaku. This one was ok, but lacked some of the elements I liked in book one. Namely the romance and the space station, as the main character is planet side for most of the book. Also, the narrator is not a favorite.

 

3 of 5 stars


I read and thoroughly enjoyed Murder Most Fair (Verity Kent #5) by Anna Lee Huber.

 

 4 of 5 stars

 

And last from my reading list,  I'm still reading The Book That Wouldn't Burn (The Library Trilogy #1) by Mark Lawrence. I've been reading this book a little at a time all month. It had a very slow start and didn't really pull me in until chapter 24 or 25. I'm still not loving it, but it isn't bad either.

 

As always, I ended up reading extras that weren't on my reading list. These were the extras I got to read-

I had forgotten to add the third book in the Dragonback series by Timothy Zahn, Dragon and Slave, to my reading list for May, but I did get started on it a couple of days ago.

 

 

I also read the second book in the Bridge of D'Arnath Series by Carol Berg, Guardians of the Keep. This book was heartbreaking at times, but un-put-downable! I was never sure how things were going to end up for the characters. I'll definitely be reading the rest of the series.

 

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars (Series review to come.)

 

I read a novella in the Space Janitor Series by Julia Huni, that takes place between books one and two, The Trouble with Tinsel. It was a really cute story and I liked the narrator change because I didn't really care for the narrator for books one and two. I also enjoyed this story more than I did book two.

 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


And finally, I enjoyed The House Witch by Delemhach so much that I went ahead and read the second volume.

 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

 

I hope you all have a great day! I'll be posting my reading list for June tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment